Ollie turned 2-months-old over the weekend, and he celebrated by sleeping through the night last night. Ahhh yeah. THIS is what I’m talking about.
Also, we went to the doctor today, where he was diagnosed with…
…wait for it…
…
Reflux! I think it’s like treatable colic. What a dream! I don’t have any idea what it’s like to have a 2-month-old who doesn’t scream, but I fully intend to find out sometime in the next five days, when the medicine kicks in. And even if it doesn't work, I can handle a little screaming when the screamer is this cute:
Monday, May 07, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
aw, what cute chunky cheeks! so my baby is breech and refusing to turn around... i might need you to give me some words of comfort if i have to have a c-section. i'm pretty terrified of having one at this point.
I was just wondering if I could put Olivia in her bumbo. Glad to hear you can get some meds for him- wish Olivia was sleeping through the night, we are not even close. Maybe all the screaming makes his tired enough to go through the night.
Oh difficult! How bad is it? Chels had colic where she would scream from 4 - 11 p.m. each night for a while. (They survive. The parents suffer but live through it to enjoy them in their teenage years.) I gave up everything anyone would say that could cause allergies. Nothing seemed to work. I now wonder if it had something to do with me eating peanut butter, but I know that you don't do that what with our allergy history. Matthew (Jared's son) was the king of reflux--could spit up across the room. (There's got to be an Olympic record there somewhere.) He got really small though--weighed 9 pounds something at close to 4 months. It turned out he was allergic to eggs and whey. Of course, BJ's kids were just pretty spitty. Cami is lactose intolerant--not enough to keep her away from ice cream. She took milk all away from Easton (their oldest) when he was an infant. Turns out none of her kids are allergic to milk, but now Easton won't touch it with a ten foot pole. Craig is constantly treating colic in horses--tubes them and shoots a gallon of mineral oil right down their snouts. I prefer peppermint or peppermint oil, however. :)
Oh no, Kat! I'm so sorry. Have you tried that pelvic tilt exercise, or whatever it's called? Like a yoga cat pose? I heard that's supposed to help. I hope he turns! If he doesn't, I would recommend accepting the Lortab when they offer it instead of thinking you'll be just fine with only Motrin.
FDAD, it's not nearly as bad as it was with the other 2, and it seems like the medicine is already helping. I've been off milk since he was born, but the pediatrician just told me that chocolate and caffeine are actually the reflux triggers. I can go without milk, but chocolate?!!
Post a Comment