Monday, February 19, 2007

The Scariest Moment of My Life

You know what’s freaky? When you're snowmobiling with your husband and your 1-year-old, and your husband stops the snowmobile to say, “Hey why don’t you stand Liam up so he can look over my shoulder instead of leaning off to the side?” and then you go to stand your baby up and his legs don’t work. So you turn him around to see what’s wrong with him and his eyes are closed. So for one second you think your son is dead, but then his eyes slowly open and he looks at you like, “Do you mind? I’m trying to sleep here.”

Seriously. The kid won’t sleep in the car or the rocking chair or any bed other than his own, but he’ll sleep on a bumpy, noisy snowmobile ride in 20-degree weather with snow falling on his face?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey kim... i'll probably have DCFS looking for me after posting this comment, but I had to tell you my most recent scary moment. My brother Jonathan came up and visited us this past weekend, and on Monday before he left town, we went out to breakfast. We walked into the restaurant and had to wait a couple minutes while they got our table ready. The hostess came and got us and I carried Maggie over to the table. We all sat down and were looking over the menus. 5 whole minutes had probably past when I suddenly realized that Cash was missing. I asked Ben where he was and Ben jumped up and went running back to the waiting area in the restaurant. Little Cash was sleeping peacefully in his carseat on a bench in the foyer. SCARIEST MOMENT OF MY ENTIRE LIFE!!! My heart skipped about 300 beats and I have since wondered if I should even consider having more kids, seeing as how I can't even keep track of the two I have. Luckily no one in Jackson, Wyoming is looking for a kid to steal. Had it been our dog we had left in the front room, he would have been a goner for sure.