Wednesday, February 14, 2007

St. Valentine

About a week ago, Ben and I were lying in bed having our annual week before Valentine’s Day conversation. This year it went something like this:

Kim: We can’t really do anything on Valentine’s Day because I have mutual.
Ben: Good, then we won’t have to get a babysitter.
Kim: So what do you want for Valentine’s Day?
Ben: Maybe a new flash drive. What do you want?
Kim: I kind of want a brown hoodie, but I want to pick it out myself.
Ben: Cool, so I’m off the hook?

We’re really romantic like that.

The neat thing about picking out your own Valentine’s Day present is that if you accidentally come home with a pair of pants, two shirts, two sweaters, and a brown hoodie, it’s not your fault. And if you also end up buying a pair of shoes for your 1-year-old, that’s not your fault either. Honestly, who could resist these?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not Liam's Valentine, that's who can't resist them.

Tricia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tricia said...

This year Seth's talk with me went something like, "Um, if my friend was going to buy his, um, girlfriend some season tickets somewhere, but they could only be used on weekdays, would you like that?"

Smooth Seth. Real smooth.