Friday, February 02, 2007

On Becoming a One-Napper

You know Liam, the kid who sleeps from 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 a.m. and then takes two naps every day? He’s starting to show signs of ditching the second nap. And while I think it’s totally bizarre that he sleeps so much, I rely on his schedule and it freaks me out to think of switching to the one nap plan.

This could ruin my day for so many reasons. First, if there’s no nap 2, when will I take a shower? I’ve used that 3:00 time slot on more days than I care to admit. And secondly, I just scheduled three fiddle students for the nap 2 time slot. Without that second nap, those kids might never learn what it’s like to play in a bluegrass band.

Obviously, I’m going to have to find a way to keep my baby from growing up. Any ideas?

3 comments:

bex said...

nyquil

kathryn said...

nyquil's not strong enough (from my experience). i suggest chloroform. i know a guy if you're interested.

aubrey said...

hey i found your blog while surfing around, i hope you don't mind my comments...

my 1 year old is slowly dropping his morning nap and i am freaking out. i LOVE that morning naptime. i guess you can still PUT him in his crib and leave him there. just kidding. i'm the one needing advice too so maybe this was a bad idea to comment!