One of the cool things that came with Ben’s dowry was a sweet dresser. It was the dresser Ben used when he was a little boy, so it had seen better days, but it served us well all the way until our first married trip to Ikea a year or two later.
Now it sits in our guest room, totally abandoned by all living things. I hadn’t thought about the long, lost dresser until I started searching for knobs and pulls for our new cabinets. Then I had a great idea…
I turned this:
Into this:
And that concludes my list of things that kept me away over the past few weeks. I am officially done painting for a long, long time.
3 comments:
That's SUPER hot Kim - did you sand it down, or just paint it? I've got a similar one in my bedroom - it's only about 5 yrs old, but still...thats 5 years too old!
Thanks, Melissa. I sanded down the spots where Little Kid Ben had apparently left his gum and also the spot where he had spun the broken handle around and around, digging a big circle into one of the drawers, but I didn't do much because I'm like the opposite of a perfectionist.
I considered spray painting it, like I do everything else, but instead I bought a quart of latex paint and a 6-inch foam roller. It seemed just as easy as spray paint, but it didn't get all over the insides in case I want to paint it again in a year and then a year after that without leaving traces of every color it's ever been.
kim, you are so martha stewart right now. and that's hot.
Post a Comment