Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Santa and Satan: Practically the Same Word

Ever since we tried to make Liam sit on Santa Claus’s lap last weekend, he’s terrified of the guy. Now he can’t even look at a coloring book picture of Santa without shouting, “Scary Santa!” and turning the page.

Last night I was humming Christmas songs in the car, and without thinking, I started to sing, “Santa Claus is coming to town…” I didn’t even know Liam could hear me, let alone understand what I was singing. But as soon as the words came out of my mouth, he looked at me and yelled, “No! He’s not coming!”

3 comments:

mom said...

Surely you remember that picture of you having a melt down on Santa's lap. I don't know which is genetic: nicholophobia or the sadistic desire to photograph your kids where they REALLY don't want to be! Uncle Curtis even wrote a song about it: "Is Santa Really 'Spose to Smell That Way?"
http://www.mathewskids.com/hlm/mathews1/Is%20Santa%20Really%20Spose%20to%20Smell%20That.mp3

The Crowley's said...

that is so funny, Abby wouldn't sit on Santa's lap either but she still likes picutres and blow up figures of him. I guess you can't use the Santa is watching tactic or he may really melt down.- amber

Leah said...

That is hilarious! I was scared of Santa until I was eleven. Actually, I still am a little scared. He's creepy. Liam is so smart!