The bank doesn’t want to sell us our house because it turns out that Mr. Bankruptcy had a second mortgage of $66,000 on it that he promised to pay back before he filed for bankruptcy. They no longer have that deal, so the bank wants to try to sell it for more.
We could probably get a real estate lawyer to push the deal through for us, but we decided to see what’s on the market these days in case there’s something better. We looked at a bunch of houses on Saturday, and after the 11th one I felt like we had just wasted an entire day. We decided to go see one more…
AND TOTALLY FELL IN LOVE WITH IT! Here’s the difference:
House we’ve been fighting for:

New house:

They’re both older homes in similar neighborhoods with great schools, and Mapquest says they’re both exactly 17 minutes from Ben’s work and 30 minutes from Schmath’s goats. We put an offer on the new one Saturday night and got a verbal acceptance a few hours later. I’m trying not to get my hopes up just yet, but let's be honest. This could turn out to be the greatest of all blessings in disguise.
14 comments:
Wow, Kim! That's AWESOME! I guess it's good that you didn't come to California after all. I hope you get the new one. It's so beautiful!
I know, huh? And we'll live way closer to you guys if we get it. Should we have the next family party at my house?
Fine. But how far is each one from Uncle Jeff?
Hey good luck Kim. I love the second house. It really could be a blessing in disguise.
I hope you get it.
I like the second one a lot! Good luck!
buying a house seems so hard - maybe I'll just be a renter forever! I hope you get the second house - it looks great.
Those houses look awesome! I had a dream about pygmy goats last night--no joke. I think it's because I drive past one on my way to work everyday. I just want to scoop him up in my arms and take him home with me.
Ooooh, the new one is so much better! good luck!
OOOOOh, I like it! It looks actually alot brighter! I like the paint too and the kitchen is beautiful.
oops. i posted as ben.
so, i was saying: yay for mr. bankruptcy and his secret second mortgage. the second house is WAAAYYY better. awesome backyard. so jealous.
i'm coming over to play sometime soon... i'll call you.
Second house kicks first house's trash. Unless you end up with first house; in that case, I like them equally.
Looks like a blessing in disguise...hope you get a new house soon!
P.S. I vote for house #2.
Ya! Looks awesome! Hope you get it too. :)
Post a Comment