Friday, June 13, 2008

In Limbo

I packed up my car earlier this week with the intention of moving some clutter from our old house to our new house. The new house hadn’t recorded yet (we had no keys), but it was sure to happen by Tuesday so I wasn’t worried.

I took one of the twin beds out of the guest room, shoving the box springs under the other twin and the mattress into the newly emptied closet, the contents of which were sitting in my car.

Now it’s Friday and my car is still packed up, and the house isn’t going to record anytime soon. Our realtor is even more frustrated than we are. He spends hours on the phone with different people from the bank, not making any progress. Because of our weird bankruptcy situation, nobody knows how to process our paperwork. Apparently there’s still a possibility of us not getting the house, even though we already closed on it and we’re paying $30/day in interest.

Now I need to go to Costco, but there’s no room for food in my car and no room for clutter in my house. I’m afraid I’m going to have to set up that second bed again, just for the closet space.

4 comments:

Schmath said...

That stinks bad.

Melissa said...

I'm with Stacey. Sorry.

Sarah said...

No keys yet? Have you been waiting since Wednesday at 2 pm? Or earlier than that? You probably could have made it to California and back.

kathryn said...

i just found out schmath is in the motherly way... are you? it's june.