Several years ago, my band had a gig in Las Vegas. We spent one of our nights there at a jam session while our husbands went to the strip and gambled. Mike Crowley taught Ben how to play a fun little game called Roulette.
Fast forward to last month, when Ben’s boss, Craig, took us to Vegas. I loaned Craig $30 so he could tip the limo driver, and he paid me back with a $5 bill and a $25 chip. Ben and I promptly took our chip to the Roulette table and set it on black. Five seconds later we had two $25 chips, which we immediately cashed out.
But that's not the only reason that Mike Crowley is my new best friend. We closed on our house today! The house we thought we could no longer have! The house that prompted this post, where Mike Crowley left a comment and taught us how to work the system!
Mike, because of you we are not just $25 richer. We also have the house we really wanted and we only had to wait four extra weeks. Thank you!
Wednesday, June 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Awesome! I'm glad you guys got the house. Game night, in a few months?
congrats you guys!!! go mike!!! i can't wait to see more of the new place.
I say game night next week! Wahoo!
I am so proud that my husband is the star of your blog entry! I just hope our bishop doesn't read your blog or he might get called in for his extreme gambling habits. I guess I am just glad Ben didn't stay longer and become a millionaire because I don't know what I would do then. Good luck on the move. Are you moving soon? I will be in town in a couple weeks so maybe I can come see the notorious house!
Great news Kim.
Post a Comment