Monday, August 21, 2006

Baby Names

My mom was in town visiting this past week, which made me lucky enough to overhear a great telephone conversation she had with a representative from her airline.

The guy asked for my mom’s frequent flyer number, and then asked for her code word to verify her identity.

My mom wasn’t totally sure what her code word was. She started out with, “Is it ‘Scuffy’?” When that one didn’t fly, she switched to, “Is it ‘Spiz’?” Bingo! When they told her that was it, she explained, “I knew it was either my dog or my grandchild.”

I just wish I could have heard what was going on in the airline dude’s head at that moment. I bet he decided right then and there to name his future child either Spiz or Scuffy. If somebody else could do it, why not him?

3 comments:

be said...

I like that he couldn't have known which name belonged to which. And I like your new banner. It's definitely your best one so far.

Lauren said...

I think both names are awesome dog names. Is that rude? I'm sorry. But seriously. Spiz. That is a sweet dog name.

kathryn said...

i bet the airline guy was from a foreign country where scuffy and spiz are totally normal child names. i bet the guy's name was spladeen or something like that.