Removing Whatever I’m Storing in the Oven Before Preheating It
I got this habit from my mom of storing baked goods in the oven. It might have something to do with the fact that we had ants in California. Who knows? But for some reason whenever I make brownies, I feel the need to cover the uneaten portion with plastic wrap and store them in the oven. And then the next day when it’s time to preheat the oven to pop in a frozen pizza, I never look inside to make sure it’s empty. Never ever.
It’s not even like I cook brownies OR pizza that often. The probability of me using the oven two days in a row is super slim, but for some reason it always happens.
The first time it happened, I thought I learned my lesson. “Silly me,” I thought. “I’ll never make that mistake again.” And then I made that mistake again a week later. And then a week after that.
The third time it happened, I called Ben and said, “You’re not going to believe what I did.” Only instead of saying, “Dyed your hair purple?” or “Taught Liam how to read?” he said, “Turned on the oven while something was inside?”
Thursday, August 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My mom always tells me to check the oven before I preheat it, and reminds me of the time when she was in HomeEc in High school, and a friend of hers put her wet poncho in the oven to dry it out, and then my mom turned the oven on not knowing there was a poncho in there, and the poncho died. I think this must have scarred her for life because she always tells this story.
Wow, I've never done that. Hum.
is that why the brownies you fed me the other day had melted plastic wrap all through them??? and i thought you were trying to poison me.
Post a Comment