Cutting My Own Hair
And still I continue to do it. Every time. And without fail, I regret my decision every time. About once a year I even give myself bangs, and then I spend the rest of the year growing them out and wishing I had never cut them.
Last year I told Ben that if I ever threatened to cut bangs again, he should talk me out of it fast. So this year I had to come up with a long list of reasons why I needed bangs before Ben believed that I wouldn’t regret my decision.
I told him that I needed to cover up the silly little hairs that were growing in after a bunch fell out when Liam was born. Why did that happen, anyway?
Next I told him that my face was too long and too narrow at the top, and that bangs would make it seem shorter and less egg-shaped.
Then I told him that I just didn’t have enough bangs last time, and that’s why they looked funny. They were too thin.
Eventually Ben said, “Look, I don’t care what you do to your hair. I’m just saying what you told me to say.” So I gave myself bangs and guess what? I’m already regretting it. Luckily I cut about half my head into bangs this time, so it will look like a sweet mullet ALL YEAR LONG while it’s growing out.
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You are not allowed to write a post like that without a picture! I'm pretty sure it's against the law. And I always like your haircuts.
half a head of bangs? i can just picture them all big and feathered right now. i think you are going to be very happy with your new haircut.
I always cut my own bangs too. I don't trust anyone else to understand what I want. This time I started out too thin, so I just cut more until they were perfect. I suggest this method to keep from cutting half your head into bangs.
Wow, this made me laugh out loud and squirt hot chocolate out my nose.
just shave it off kim...
Remember Jem—that rockstar doll from the ‘80s? Picture her hair. Actually, Trish and Becca, you guys have already seen the new do. I just disguised it in a ponytail.
Katie…hot chocolate? Does that mean it’s not as hot in CO as it is in UT? I hope so, because I’m hoping to move there someday soon.
I really did have a ponytail during Settlers, Paige. You probably just couldn't tell because of all the bangs.
Post a Comment