Leaving Comments
Some people leave clever, witty comments everywhere they go—on all of their friends’ blogs, on perfect strangers’ blogs, with spray paint on billboards, etc. Not me.
Comments totally intimidate me. What if I were to leave a comment on, say…Rebecca’s blog? First of all, 20,000 people could potentially read that comment and judge me for leaving a lame comment. And secondly, what if Rebecca’s Mom were to read that comment and then tell my mom about it? My mom already thinks blogging is for self-absorbed people. She might ground me or something.
But more than the intimidation factor, I struggle with a lack of talent. I sit around for days trying to think up something funny to say, but when something even 1% clever finally comes to mind, the post has been long forgotten.
I totally live for comments. It makes my day when somebody leaves one. So why am I so bad at leaving them?
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
The only thing more hilarious than your blog - is the irony behind the lack of comments. I'll be the first to say, "blah-blah-blah, I'm so funny, blah-blah-blah."
Man, if I lived for comments I'd be dead!
i know what you mean about rebecca's blog... when i write comments there i think they're stupid after i've posted and i wonder for days if i should just delete them... it's so hard to be friends with someone so cool as rebecca (and i know i'm not as cool as you because i'm STILL not a link on her page... ahem...)
shoot, now i think that last comment was dumb... do i delete?
you guys. dont you know that all the comments on my blog are me, just logging in under different names?
also kat, i am linking to you this very second. i would have done it sooner but i was busy logging in and out as different people on my blog to make myself appear popular.
Post a Comment