Monday, February 16, 2009

Nursery Projects, Part I

Since we’re less than 5 weeks away from my due date, I thought it might be time to start getting the nursery ready.

So first I sold Liam’s crib and bedding for $250 on Craigslist and bought this crib and this bedding for a total of $323.


Then I sold Liam’s dresser/changing table for $40, bought this one off KSL for $30:


And turned it into this:


Then I sold Liam’s rocking chair for $75, bought this one for $35:


And turned it into this:


So far I’ve spent a total of $23 (plus paint and fabric, but who counts paint and fabric?). Now I just need the weather to warm up so I can finish painting my last few projects. Pretty pleeeeease, weather?

8 comments:

Morgan said...

kim, i am seriously impressed! it all looks so great, and even better because it was all such a deal. i love a good deal. can't wait to see the rest!

Melissa said...

Me too, seriously impressed.

Tami said...

That old dresser looks exactly like the ugly one we have!!!! Can you turn mine into something cool!? :)

Mo said...

I love it all. And now I want to make you a blanket that matches your bedding.

mom said...

Here's that print I almost got you at Christmas...do you think it goes, or not?
http://www.fortune3.com/hopecharity12/Signs-PRINCESS_Daughter_of_a_Heavenly_King_Girls_Room_De-.html

Bethany said...

you're amazing. i'm taking notes.

Paige said...

I guess you're kind of amazing, Kim. I got a free coffee table off craigslist that I want to refinish, but I'm superbly intimidated.

Leah said...

Uggg. HOW did you have time to finish all that already??? I need you to come over and help me with my glider. Did you just spray paint it? Did you have to sand it first?