Here are the top five coolest things about the party:
- The entire night, all I ever had to say was “hola” and “gracias,” because I’m Spanish impaired.
- We ate goat for dinner. For real—chivo. Okay, technically I didn’t eat goat for dinner, because I haven’t even eaten a hamburger since the summer of 2001 when my French host family fed me escargot, raw oysters, pâté, and tonic water all in one meal. Plus, what about Chewy and Gabby? Saturday’s dinner could have been their brother, for all I know.
- The mariachi band, made up of accordion, guitar, electric bass, and snare drum, didn’t even use mics for their vocals. My voice is inaudible over an acoustic guitar without a mic—I can’t imagine what it must be like to have enough volume to be heard over an accordion and a snare drum.
- About 20 little kids took turns sticking their fingers in the big, fancy cake before it was cut up and served for dessert. Their parents were watching from two feet away, but never said a word. I was never allowed to lick the frosting off the cake when I was little, so you can imagine my jealousy.
- Check out these sweet party favors:
2 comments:
I'm glad you didn't eat the goat. That is like eating dog or cat. It's just not right.
yeah, but if you HAD eaten the goat, you could have given yourself the nickname Chupacabra, and that could've been worth it.
Post a Comment