Today I took Liam to get his blood tested so we can find out how severe his peanut allergy is. Apparently his veins weren’t very easy to poke, because it must have taken a good six hours to get the needle in. The nurse poked and prodded while Liam screamed, until finally a more experienced nurse came in and got the job done.
After it was over, Liam kept crying for a few minutes to let me know that my behavior was unacceptable and I should have never taken him there. I offered him his toy car, his teddy bear, and an Elmo sticker, but he was uninterested. Finally I told him that he could have some ice cream when we got home for being so brave.
It took him less than a second to stop crying and start signing “ice cream” when he heard my offer, and he continued licking his imaginary ice cream cone the entire way home. If I had known he was such a good faker, I probably would have told him he could have the ice cream for being such a drama queen. Brave, schmave.
Friday, May 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Poor little Liam! I hope his allergy isn't too severe. But man, I would do anything for ice cream too. Can't blame him.
can sympathise with the peanut allergy. I am severly allergic to nuts and peanuts. Don't worry about the epipens, they are so simple to use. You can get trainer pens in the UK to practice with. Your doctor or nurse will go through how to use them if Liam does have a peanut allergy.
Post a Comment