Liam has only been sick a handful of times, but 100% of the time he gets sick on a Wednesday. Yesterday he came down with his fourth or fifth cold, and I’m wondering how coincidental it is that Wednesday comes three days after he goes to nursery.
This should make me happy that Liam doesn't go to daycare or preschool or have any friends, but instead I'm just feeling bitter.
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Abby is sick almost once a month so don't feel to bitter. I know what you mean though, when you get them feeling healthy then you role in to nursey to pick them up and you see 6 kids with snotty noses- frustrating! amber
Maybe he should "drop-out"?!??!?
I have taught in nusery for most of my married life.(3 1/2 yrs) and i do not get sick every wednesday. just tell liam to suck it up.
this is not paige either
It would make sense that he'd catch a bug, or two, in nursery--my boys always did!!
Now, I feel as though I must offer a defense for nursery leaders(myself included)--there is only so much we can do when parents INSIST on brining their kids with dripping noses to nursery! In our nursery we've tried posting notices, asking outright, taking the kids back to their parents, etc. In the end, we just keep after the runny noses with lots of tissue, lots of hand washing, and wiping down of toys and surfaces. When my own boys were in nursery, if they were sick, had a cough, or runny nose--I would just keep them home!!
Hope Liam gets feeling better soon!
Hang in there Kim!
You could just let him play outside in the cold with imaginary friends. Then, when he's sick all the time you'll have to tell all those friends he made that he can't come out to play. And you can feel proud that he's so popular.
two words. bubble boy.
Post a Comment