Thursday, January 10, 2008

Hoping I Live to Be 240 Years Old

When Ben and I got married, we decided to start saving all of our loose change and storing it in a bucket. We called the bucket our “Europe Fund” and hoped that someday we would have enough money for a trip to Europe.

Today I decided it was time to cash in the Europe Fund so we could get an idea of how long we’re going to have to save our pennies before we plan our trip. Do you want to guess how much five years’ worth of loose change adds up to?

$71.04.

Seriously? A bucket of coins that probably weighs 40 pounds is only worth $71.04? I guess this means we’ll be able to go to Europe in just over 211 years.

1 comment:

Paige said...

I do that too! Only I do it for weird reasons. Explaining would take up too much room though; I'll blog about it instead so I don't annoy your readers.