Feeling a little gutsy, I made the trek to Joann’s yesterday to check out what fabric I would use if I were going to make myself a headboard. That’s when I came across this little pamphlet, which claims that making an upholstery-covered headboard only requires a skill level of 1. Now that’s my kind of project.
Turns out the pamphlet was right. About 15 minutes and $30 later, I had made my very own headboard.
I probably should have ironed the fabric first, but I'm too lazy for ironing. All in all, I'd say this was the easiest project ever.
11 comments:
No way, coolest thing i've ever seen! and the cutest.
Awesome! I'm going to make one for our guest room. Do you guys have a staple gun I can borrow?
woah. that is awesome. level one, huh? we should have a tutorial party where you teach me (and I guess leah if she really wants to come).
I'm LITERALLY jealous - how old AM I??
PS - Had the CRAZIEST dream about you last night...
LOoks great Kim!!! Pretty Tricky!
I don't know you, but it seems we have a common interest. I am so glad you tried the headboard project & found the pamplet. I am doing my headboard next Saturday so it will come in handy!
Love the look & your linens & pillows.
Did you make the pillows too?
One day when I own a bed then maybe I will personalize a headboard too. You did an awesome job Kim!
Trish, get real. Making pillows would require a skill level of at least 2.
Dang it - I wish I had seen this entry last year when I paid like stupid $800 for my headboard at RC Willey.. Do they have any projects with a skill level "0"? Just curious!
Post a Comment