Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Supply and Demand

The other day I decided to buy brown rice because I wanted to start eating healthier. I wondered why while white rice could be bought in giant buckets, brown rice only came in small packages.

I dare you to try saying “why while white rice” 10 times fast.

So last night I made my newly purchased brown rice for dinner, and now I know why it came in such a small package. Because it’s totally gross, and too many people complained about having to throw away 4.9 gallons of brown rice after buying a 5-gallon bucket full of it.

Plus, what good is rice if it won't stick to your chopsticks?

5 comments:

J said...

Cook it in chicken broth instead of water. It helps a lot! Or just for-go brown rice all together and throw a little wild rice in your white rice. Since I married my Japanese man, I am a rice expert.

The Crowley's said...

I can manage to eat it if I mix it with white rice with a 3 to 1 ratio, the 3 being white of course. I don't think I am making much sense.

Tricia said...

I also hate brown rice. And whole wheat tortillas. And vegetables. And anything that doesn't contain sugar.

Tami said...

You don't like it!? It's yummy! I think after you eat it enough you will like it after a while. Or maybe not, Bryan doesn't like it either!

Sarah said...

You know,
I've wondered why my brown rice never tastes as good as my mom's. Then, when the missionaries came for dinner on Sunday, I watched her drop a 1/4 c of butter in with the brown rice. Mystery solved.