Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Alert!

We’re moving! And we haven’t finished our taxes! And I have skin cancer!

Don’t worry, it’s just a little piece of basal cell carcinoma on my back. Tons of people get those, right? I think it just means I’ll turn into one of those people who says, “Did you remember sunscreen?” every time we go outside.

Apparently we filed for an extension on our taxes, and apparently it’s totally legal.

And we’re moving! The house is not very far from where we live now, but it has a dishwasher! And a master bathroom! And big closets!

I can’t wait to see what other news we get on Tax Day 2008. Anybody have anything?

12 comments:

Emily said...

You found out about all this TODAY?! What a busy day. Now I'm going to check my skin for cancerous growths. Do people with Type III/IV skin get cancer too? Uh oh.

Kim Dubois said...

Is "Type III/IV skin" code for Mexican heritage? If so, I think you're safe.

Bethany said...

that's a lot of big news for one day! congrats on the move! does that mean that someone gets to move into all of your awesome remodeling hard work-age? cause if so, they are LUCK-Y!

Katie said...

Being the person who always remembers the sunscreen is the COOLEST.

The Crowley's said...

great news, what about your cute house you live in now? Do you get to do some cool things to your new house or is it ready to go already, I wish Mike could do the cool things Ben does to your houses! good luck

kathryn said...

basal cell carcinoma?!? damn sthevie hoffman and his irresistible hairless legs... if it weren't for him, we probably wouldn't have even stayed on the high school swim team, exposing our backs to the ruthless sun and increasing the chance of developing skin cancer of the back.

now i'm going to go have a doctor do a once-over to see if anything looks suspish. good luck with the move... can't wait to see the new house!

Melissa said...

I love that this blog is titled "Alert."

Where is this new place? PLEASE come and buy the house next door. I'll adore you forever. Seven boys for neighbors...what was I THINKING??!! NEVER again.

Tricia said...

Cool! You got the house! Are you going to rent yours out? If so, that means you also found out you are going to be a landlord.

zippy said...

Wow, what a BIG news day...bet it'll go down as a historic tax day in your family!

Sorry to hear about the sun blemish! Glad to hear it was discovered early and is treatable.

Congrats on the new house! A dishwasher, master bathroom, big closets...SCORE!! Enjoy. Hope we'll see pix soon. :) Happy moving!

Lisa said...

what a day - congrats on the house, sorry about the skin, and nice move on the taxes!

Leah said...

What??? I haven't checked your blog for a week and now all this!!!

So, how DID you find out about the skin cancer? I bet I have more than you. Guess I'd better get checked.

Melissa said...

Yeah we've got a GREAT tax guy. Sounds like you need one. Let us know.