Friday, April 18, 2008

Hypothetically Speaking

In case you ever have a baby with three holes in his heart, and you have to watch him scream his 4-day-old head off while doctors do all kinds of tests on him, you should know that it gets better. By the time he’s 2 ½ he’ll probably kind of enjoy watching the doctor experiment on him, and he’ll really only care about whether he gets a sucker after it's over.

15 comments:

KT2 said...

sweet boy! :)

J said...

Yes, what a good spirit is in that little body.

The Crowley's said...

is everything good now, or will he still have to do more tests? You are a brave mom.

Melissa said...

THREE HOLES? I never knew any of this. Now I feel like a bad friend. He sure looks cute, though.

kathryn said...

yeah, i guess you and i are both on the same friend ticket, melissa, because i never knew about this three hole thing either... and to think i used to sport the title "best" in front of "friend".

*star said...

My mom had a hole in her heart...but they didn't find it until she was 50 and had a stroke. Yikes. I'm glad they found Liam's early. Even though I am sure it's been a nightmare!

You're wonderful and brave!

zippy said...

Wow! We had NO idea--had never heard about Liam's heart condition!! So glad to hear that he's a healthy, happy kid! Hope he continues to grow and develope well. We know it can be hard to watch your little ones go through such difficulties, but you seem to handle it well.

Hang in there!

mom said...

You can see in his eyes he's wondering "Why did the doctor just attach the left ventricle patch above my right atrium? I hope this guy knows what he's doing or it's gonna cost him TWO suckers!"

Lisa said...

Three holes!! He deserves more than one sucker!

Bingham fam said...

First of all I never knew little Liam had any holes in his heart, but I am glad to see that He is doing so well. 2nd SKIN CANCER!!! Scary I think that I need to have Clay checked for that one since he has lived in the sun with golfing and getting him to wear sunscreen is like pulling teeth. And 3rd That is fun that you are moving lets see some pictures of the new house. Have you sold your house or are you going to rent or what?

Kim Dubois said...

Wow. I'm very sorry for keeping this a secret from all of you until now. He's down to one tiny hole now, and apparently 25% of all adults have heart murmurs so it's not a big deal.

Thanks for all of the love!

Bethany said...

I'm so lucky, I got to read this AFTER your comment, 'cause PHEW! I just love little Liam, what a stud.

Emily said...

Three holes?! I had no idea. My nephew Wyatt had three holes too! They should be hole-hearted friends. Pun intended.

Leah said...

So, how often do you have to get that checked.

Your posts always leave me with so many questions, Kim.

Leah said...

Shoot.

Add a question mark to the end of that sentence, please.

It's late.