Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Color of Money

As Liam and I were checking out at the craft store last week, the cashier asked Liam if he wanted a balloon. Of course he did. Then she asked him what color balloon he wanted. I wasn’t sure if he would understand this question, since I had never given him a color choice before. But before I had a chance to clarify, he shouted, “Green!”

A day or two later I was getting Liam some cereal and I asked him what color of spoon he wanted. Again, he asked for green.

Since he asked for green two out of two times, I decided that must mean green was his favorite color. I was elated that Ben, Liam, and I all had that in common. I started to wonder if favorite colors could be passed on genetically.

Then I saw this and realized it's probably more likely that I passed it on forcefully than genetically.

8 comments:

Tricia said...

Well I love it! Green is the perfect compliment to his red hair.

be said...

You didn't pass it on, green is just universally the best color and Liam is smart enough to notice it.

Katie said...

Awesome.

Green is my favorite color too.

Bingham fam said...

That is so funny Kim! What a smart little green boy!

Bingham fam said...

Kim,
I got a question. I saw the cute dresser that you painted black. It is so cute and I was wondering how you did it. Did you spray paint it or what?

Kim Dubois said...

Thanks, Kristy! I used a 6-inch foam roller and a quart of latex paint. I'm sure spray paint would have worked just as well, but I didn't want it to get all over the insides of the drawers.

Melissa said...

I love him even more in person! Hey - I need your email address, so I can send you cheesy military and animal forwards - um, I mean so I can send you all the pictures from today.

Kim Dubois said...

Thanks, Melissa! I love the photos.