Friday, September 21, 2007

When In-Laws Turn Cool

Last night at band practice, my mandolin pickup wasn’t working. My brother-in-law, Ryan, happened to be at my house and asked if he could take a look. He started taking apart something that I didn’t know could be taken apart, and then said, “Oh, this just came unsoldered. Let me grab my soldering iron from my truck.” Honestly? Who keeps a soldering iron in his truck? Ten seconds later, it was as good as new.


And to think I was about to pay $169 for a new pickup. I guess I probably owe Ryan a Coke or something.

4 comments:

zippy said...

What an awesome BIL!! That's so handy that he hot only was able to identify the problem, but then just happened to have a a soldering iron in his truck!! I think a Coke is absolutely in order. : )

Emily said...

I wish I had a soldering iron. You can control the elements. What power.

be said...

I bet Thor has a soldering iron.

Sarah said...

I just figured out who zippy is -- and that I'm related to her. And Leah just told me who BIL is. But who's Thor? Are we related, too?
Anyways, do you want to get together?