Sunday, September 30, 2007

Why I Love My Husband

While driving home from the mall yesterday, Ben started talking about rockets. He was telling me all kinds of stuff he learned recently about rocket engines, and while I was trying to pay attention to the conversation, I couldn’t help but notice we were only going 50 mph on the freeway. Then, right about the time he was saying stuff like, “they make nine engines, even though they only use three” or “it takes five years to manufacture each one” or maybe something about “if anything goes wrong during the launch sequence…” he started exiting the freeway at the totally wrong exit.

I cut off the conversation to ask him where he was going and he swerved back onto the freeway and back into reality. “Huh,” he said. “I guess I was just following that car in front of us. I wonder why I'm only going 50 mph on the freeway.”

2 comments:

Melissa said...

This story is real life at it's best. It made me laugh out loud. I mean - only men can get SO into talking about rockets that they lose all focus on everything else.

Tricia said...

Seth drives 50 mph on the freeway all the time. So sad.