I know it’s only been a few months since I was shouting from the rooftops about how great one-year-olds are, but I’ve realized in those short months that my new favorite age is 1½.
Liam can climb up and down the stairs by himself now, which means he is independent and free to roam the entire house on his own. He doesn’t open doors on his own yet, though, so I can still trap him upstairs or downstairs whenever I want. I’m still the boss.
He can keep himself occupied just wandering from room to room, making my job as entertainer more of a part-time hobby.
He eats regular food now, and he even likes to hold the spoon and feed himself. Even less work for me.
He’s still soft and sweet-smelling and he still sleeps a ton, so I haven’t had to give up my favorite baby characteristics to turn him into a toddler. I just get the entire package now.
Also, he talks. He doesn’t just sign milk and cracker anymore, he actually says them. Plus, from what I can gather he’s fluent in some alien language, which he uses to communicate with extraterrestrial beings through his baby monitor.
Genius? I think so. One and a half is where it’s at.
Monday, April 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think I had better meet him, considering the fact that I already love him. He is a DOLL!!!
guess what??? I'M MOVING BACK TO UTAH! And so now we can start having play dates together! AWESOME! We're moving back in August, so start clearing your calendars, ladies.
Dear Kat,
You make me so happy.
Love,
Kim
Post a Comment