This week dandelions have been popping up in our yard, so Liam and I have been picking them out of the lawn every day. I wanted to show Liam that although it’s okay to pick dandelions, it’s not okay to pick real flowers, so each time we came across a dandelion I would point to it and say, “Yuck!” before I pulled it out of the ground.
Yesterday was day three of Project Dandelion Removal, and I thought Liam was ready to pick his own dandelion. Enough standing by the wayside, it was time for him to get to work. I didn’t carry him in my womb for nine months for nothing.
I picked the first two weeds to remind him of the process, and then I stood him next to his very own dandelion and asked him to pull it out. He started out so well, by pointing at the yellow flower and exclaiming, “Yuck!” But then he reached down and pulled up two blades of grass from an area five inches away from the dandelion, handing them to me proudly.
I’m afraid my training was all in vain.
Thursday, April 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment