Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Berried Delight

My all-time favorite dessert is the one with a layer of nutty crust, a layer of cream cheese mixture, a layer of vanilla pudding, a big, fat layer of chocolate pudding, and a layer of Cool Whip. You know the one, right? I think everybody makes it, but nobody calls it the same thing: Four Layer Dessert, Five Layer Surprise, Clouds Over Pudding, Heavenly Chocolate Delight, etc. It looks like this:


Up until last weekend, I thought nothing would ever come close to comparing with my layered love affair. But then I decided to try out a recipe called Berried Delight. It had a layer of graham cracker crust, a layer of cream cheese mixture, a layer of strawberries, a layer of vanilla pudding, and a layer of Cool Whip. It was so good, I would even say it tied for first place with its chocolaty cousin on my list of favorite desserts. If you're into layers and pudding, like I apparently am, you should definitely try this out:

2 comments:

kelly said...

This sounds yummy. so did you make it yourself? or do you have the recipe. I think I have to try this.

Kim Dubois said...

I found the recipe in my Jell-o Cookbook (am I the only one who got two of those for my wedding?), but there's an almost identical recipe here.