Tuesday, April 24, 2007

My Worst Enemies

I decided to do a little experiment and start counting the dandelions I pick every day.


Can you believe I found 1,426 dandelions in my own yard this week? Sure, I’ve only been picking the yellow flowers and not the whole plant. But still! Fourteen hundred of those stupid things! I’m sure there weren’t nearly that many last year, and we got new sod less than two years ago. At this rate, we’ll have only dandelions—no grass—next year.

Don't tell the suckers who end up buying our house from us, okay?

4 comments:

be said...

I think you should start keeping the dandelions and pulling the grass.

Tricia said...

The main thing to look at here is how high the numbers went after the snow. What this experiment proves is that snow=dandelions. So just be glad you don't live in Canada!

This also proves it is better to live in a condo where you don't have to worry about a yard at all!

Schmath said...

Don't worry. They will disappear someday. Last year, we had a million of them, and one day we left for the weekend, and when we came home, they were all gone. This year, we haven't even done anything about them. You should see our nasty front yard. If the camera were not buried under a hill of dirt, I'd take a picture to show you. There are way more than 1,000. More like 10,000. We're just going to get new sod.

kelly said...

don't think of them as the enemy... maybe you should learn to enjoy the dandelions. pick a few, use a glass as a lei. when i was a kid we used to make flower lei using the dandelions.